Tuesday, September 7, 2010

who am I

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus. I believe in the Holy Spirit. I believe that I can have an intimate relationship with God that overflows into every aspect of my life, every decision, every thought, and every action. I believe that I am saved solely by the blood of Christ, and not by works. I also believe faith without works is dead. I believe in a God that loves unconditionally. I believe in a God that answers prayers. I believe in a God that cares for the broken. I believe in a God that is heartbroken when His children sin, and suffer. I believe in a God that is with us when we suffer, and when we are at peace. I believe that God can save my family, my city, my nation. I believe in a love that isn’t sentimental, but unyielding and powerful. I believe in being a servant to others. I believe in standing up for what I know is right. I believe that there is always hope. I believe that all things are possible through Christ. I believe in helping others, even to the point where I must make sacrifices, for my God made a sacrifice for me. I firmly believe that people, places, nations, families, and governments can be transformed by the power of God and His wonderful work in our hearts and communities. I believe in community, and being open and transparent with one another. I believe in bearing the suffering of others. I believe in laughter and conversations that break through the surface stuff. I believe that all people are children of God, and should be treated as such. I believe in being fearless and bold, but humble and gentle. I believe in youth, and their power to make a difference in the world. I believe in healing and miracles. I believe in prayer. I believe in worship-but also believe that worship takes many forms. I believe in heaven. I believe in hell. I believe in angels and demons. I believe in our victory in Christ. I believe in surrender. I believe in taking time to enjoy each moment and to truly live. I believe in balance. I believe in family and friends-and being real. I believe in being a faithful steward of everything that has been given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment