Monday, August 2, 2010

sow for the harvest

I want to love you until my heart spills out, overflowing and empty
I want to serve you until my feet are weary, broken yet whole
I want to obey you until I am full of joy, weary but laughing
I want to see you set free
I want to see you whole
I want to see you planted in His grace and mercy
I want all of this,
But I must sow for a harvest
The ground is tough and unbroken
Years of oppression have taken their toll
I fear my arms will break and my smile will fade
Before the work is done
You break me with every word you say,
The work does not seem to match the wages
I am defensive, frustrated, angry
Will you not move an inch?
I must sow for a harvest
But my heart is hard
You expect too much,
But I must submit
Give me the heart of a servant
I must sow for a harvest,
No matter the cost

No comments:

Post a Comment