Friday, July 23, 2010

Lord, you are

Lord, you are more precious than silver
I hide my heart in you
you whisper, "you are my beloved"
my whole being I entrust to you
you make my paths straight
and lead me near green meadows and streams of living water
you are the most precious pearl
i will forsake all to have you


Lord, you are more costly than gold
I cannot count your worth
but i can count the cost i'll pay
to simply know you more
everything I am,
I will give to you
the more I die,
the more i'll live
to bring glory to you on earth

Lord, you are more beautiful than diamonds
your majesty glitters in the sky
you woo my heart with your beauty
and I am amazed that you know me
you are perfect in every way
i am far from perfect; you love me
your grace will always take my breath away

Lord, nothing I desire compares with you
you are above all else
when I often go astray,
you draw me back
you remind me that you are my first love
and you quiet my spirit
I will be still,
and know that you alone
are God.

No comments:

Post a Comment