Friday, October 22, 2010

brokenness

today,
I awoke
with a broken
heart

suddenly too
aware
of the broken
home
I live in

my parents
do not know Christ

my brothers
my sister
my friends
do not follow Christ

and I live like
this is not
a life or death
decision

Lord
my soul aches
because of You

Please,
continue to
replace this heart of
stone
with a heart of
flesh

Continue to
break my heart
for what
breaks
yours

I want
to see them healed
I want
to see them joyful
I want
to see them living
with a purpose
no longer like
lost sheep
with no
shepherd

no longer
broken
and
raging
and
fearful
and
lost

please,
awaken
them
from the
dust
and open
their eyes
to know
how
much they
need
you.

Lord,
help me
to
sow
a seed
even
when
the labour
is
hard
and
long

through You
everything
is possible
and

I will trust
in
you.

No comments:

Post a Comment